[Asterisk-Users] Call Wrapup time for agents.

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Tue Sep 13 20:42:40 MST 2005

Whilst I understand your need to have agents decide when they are ready
to continue I think that the current situation is a better one (although
not necessarily for your environment).

Surely if and agent can decide when he is available less calls get
answered? Isn't the whole point of wrap up time to allow them time to
finish typing, take a breath, sip some tea and then get back into the
fray again?

Couldn't the agents in your situation log out if they need more time
than you have allowed? What do they do should they need to take a leak?

Callum McGillivray wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there was a way to deal with "wrap up" time for
> agents slightly better than we do it at the moment.
>
> At the moment, we set a wrap up time of 20 seconds for each of our call
> queues.  The problem with this is that sometimes it's either too long or
> two short.
>
> I would essentially like to have all agents put into wrap up straight
> after a call, and have to dial a couple of digits to tell Asterisk they
> are ready to receive a call again.
>
> That way, if the agent is ready, he could dial the digits straight away,
> or in 3-4 minutes when he has finished what he is doing.
>
> I was also wondering if there might be a way to monitor how much wrap up
> time each agent had used for a day (to make sure that it was not abused).
>
> Anyone have any hints / clues ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Callum

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI