[Asterisk-Users] PRI zap channels not cleared when no match in context for dialed number on inbound call

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Tue Sep 13 19:56:44 MST 2005

Could some out there with a PRI check and see if this problem shows up
on your system?

The test is to dial a number routed to * via a PRI where there is no
match in the dial plan for the dialed number.

Asterisk will reject the call, but "show zap channels" still shows the
channel assigned to the number that was dialed under the extensions
column.

The channel WILL answer another call, but only after all other channels
are used.

The behavior is different when the call is completed and then hung up,
the show zap channels will show nothing under the extensions column.

I have seen it on two systems now, and I am not sure if I should be
concerned since the channel is not actually in use and will answer
another call.

It looks more like a variable is not cleared when a call is rejected due
to no match in the dialplan

CVS HEAD 8/27/05

Thanks. Either I am seeing things or no one else has noticed this since
it does not appear to have any impact on system performance that I can
see.