[Asterisk-Users] IAX Trunking Weirdness

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Thu Sep 8 16:29:05 MST 2005

I am having trouble getting trunking to work between a couple of my servers.

All servers are running 1.0.9 stable version, and are working perfectly. All
have a Zaptel card of some description, so timing is not a problem. Each server
has a definition for each other server, using RSA auth, and qualify=yes (just so
I can see ping times). trunk=yes is on globally, AND in each peer/friend definition.

IAX2 SHOW PEERS shows a (T) next to each server, indicating that a trunk will be
established.

Servers on the same LAN segment seem to trunk OK. (IAX2 TRUNK DEBUG shows
meaningful info).

Conenctions where 1 server is behind a firewall works fine, but trunking does
not seem to work. The only other difference is the codec. On the remote servers
(the ones behind the firewalls), I'm running G729 (the Intel one). The LAN-based
servers all talk to each other using G.711.

Anyone have any ideas?