[Asterisk-Users] IAX Trunking Weirdness

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Thu Sep 8 18:37:03 MST 2005

For those who are interested, the problem is being caused by IAX using the wrong
  outside IP address as it's source address.

(Multi-homed firewall with numerous virtual interfaces). The workaround was to
add additional definitiions to the other servers, so the connection will be
trunked from the originating (incorrect) address.

Apparently there is a patch against CVS HEAD which allows the definition of the
source address on a per-peer basis.

Rod Bacon
Empowered Communications
Ground Floor, 102 York St. South Melbourne
Victoria, Australia. 3205
Phone: +613 99401600    Fax: +613 99401650
FWD: 512237                   ICQ: 5662270