[Asterisk-Users] How do you change the festival voice

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Thu Sep 8 15:37:12 MST 2005

Martin wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I couldn't see anything in festival.conf.
>
>The voice is currently male, and robotic.
>
>How do I change this ?
>
>Regards...Martin

I am running debian sarge. The /etc/festival.scm file is where I set the
default voice. I am currently using the british male speaker. This won't
work if I don't actaully have the files for that voice installed.

;; Any site-wide Festival initialization can be added to this file.
;; It is marked as a configuration file, so your changes will be saved
;; across upgrades of the Festival package.
(set! voice_default 'voice_rab_diphone)