[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 upgrades

Cory Andrews Cory at VOIPSupply.com
Tue Sep 6 18:36:49 MST 2005

There are both hardware variations, and express upgrade paths depending upon
which firmware version is on the particular phone you are working with.  The
dreaded MGCP lock, impressed you figured out the workaround that ones leaves
a lot of folks scratching their heads.

If anyone is stuck with Cisco phones I can provide you with troubleshooting
assistance and upgrade paths, we have encountered all the variations over
the course of years selling and supporting Cisco hardware.

Cory Andrews
Partner / Purchasing
VOIPSupply.com
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
454 Sonwil Drive
Buffalo, NY 14225
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
v - 800.398.VOIP Ext 22
f - 716.630.1548
e - Cory at VOIPSupply.com

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Rich
Adamson
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:26 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 upgrades

Based on past experience, it would appear there truly are variations
in the 7960 hardware. Some seem to require a gradual version upgrade
while others don't. Just upgraded one from MGCP (totally locked) to
SIP that required an isolated lan segment with a fake set of IP
addresses (address requirements based on ethereal observations of
what the phone was trying to do). Got ur done though.

> All other phones seem to have upgraded no issue what so-ever. They just
took
> the image and where fine. Just this phone freaked out. I am getting the
> suspicion that it is just a bad phone and worth just as a paperweight.
>
> S.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: