[Asterisk-Users] Assessing network quality

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Mon Sep 5 12:35:00 MST 2005

I am trying to trouble shoot one of my ISP's network and compare to my
other ISPs offering. Although network 1 is reasonably fast and has low
enough latency, voice quality is not good and the reason for this is not
readily apparent using standard network tools.
What tools can be used to assess the quality of the network in terms of
it's suitability for voice? I am using ping, mtr, smokeping for general
network reliability and using visualroute to give me info, but I need
some voice specific quality metrics. Any ideas?

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com