[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk BT100 Password Issue

Aisling ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie
Tue Sep 6 11:27:28 MST 2005

I added secret=1234 to my configuration for phone 2092 in sip.conf. Also
I changed the settings of the BT100 so the authentication password was
1234 and changed voicemail.conf to 2092 => 1234, 2092, emailaddress.

However this seemed to make matters worse as the nothing even seemed to
reach asterisk. A '4' was sent back to my phone.....Strange that it
wasn't a 404 message, just a 4.  Anyhow, when I removed the secret=1234
line from the sip.conf, the error still remains:

vm_authenticate: unable to read password.

Any further ideas?
Many thanks,
Aisling