[Asterisk-Users] Weird SIP behaviour

Nir Simionovich nirs at dimitel.com
Tue Sep 6 11:39:30 MST 2005

Hi All,

  I've been observing a very odd behaviour of Asterisk, when relating to SIP
connections.
Here's the scenario:

Ast1 is an Asterisk box originating calls via a predictive dialer
Ast2 is an Asterisk box connected to 3E1 circuits

Ast1 originates calls to Ast2 via SIP, in order to utilize the PSTN lines.
(There is a reason
I'm using SIP here, so please don't say: "MOVE TO IAX").

  Now, while Ast2 shows in the asterisk cdr's a clear BUSY disposition, for
all those calls,
Ast1 will only show a NO ANSWER disposition.

  Am I missing something here? Is there some kind of configuration that has
to be done in
order to send back the disposition back to Ast1 correctly?

Regards,
  Nir S