[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Cluster

Matt King m at orderlysoftware.com
Tue Sep 6 05:26:55 MST 2005

Hello,

OK some more information.

We've got a client who takes very large call spike when tickets go on
sale.  We're specing to handle 10,000 simultaneous calls.  We're hoping
to use our VOIP provider to handle incoming calls from landlines, and to
route the calls out to our client's call centre.  Our * boxes sit in the
middle, coloed with the VOIP provider.

We can use SIP or IAX with the provider.  It's been suggested that SIP
is the better choice, as it should allow the provider to route call
streams directly through to the call centre once they've been through
our system (more details of what we're doing at http://www.orderlyq.com).

Someone has suggested SER as a good way of doing the load balancing (
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=SIP+Express+Router ), but I
haven't used it before - anybody know how to get it to load balance?

Also, if we got 20,000 calls instead of the anticipated 10,000 calls,
how would we drop the extra 10,000?  We don't want to use up more of our
provider's lines than we can handle calls.

Please feel free to respond privately if you like.

Many thanks,

    Matt.