[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Cluster

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:16:47 MST 2005

 Yes. SER is a good way to do load balancing. The way you'd do it here would
be to have SER as the edge device talking to your voip provider and then
have it balance calls back to your asterisk instances using DNS SRV or a
similar technology for the balancing.
  As far as limiting inbound calls, if your provider doesn't do this for
you, you'd want to do this at the SER level, returning congestion to your
provider when the number of inbound calls exceed your predetermined limit.