[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P problems

Alex Ongena Alex.Ongena at able.be
Thu Sep 1 06:14:00 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 08:12 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Thursday 01 September 2005 06:35, Alex Ongena wrote:
> > I encounter 2 major problems:
> > 1) Transmitting and receiving van Fax is very unreliable (on the CLI I see
> >    a Native bridging (seems to be 911.ulaw, 64 kbit high quality).
> > Sometimes the Fax is Ok, sometimes I miss a few lines, sometimes it's
> > impossible. The same problem is there when sending or receiving faxes.
>
> This is a well-known issue with the current drivers, although nobody's really
> stepped up to identify when exactly this started happenning (as the driver
> code was changed) or why.

Do I understand that this would not be a problem with an 'older' version
of Asterisk ? If so, any idea to which version I need to revert ?

> > 2) I'm trying 3 different Analog phones and having 3 different behaviors:
> >     1 phone 'ringes' normally
> >     1 phone 'ringes' a bit cripled (instead of ring-ring... ring-ring...,
> >       it does  'ring-ri... ri.... ring... ri...)
> >     1 phone does not ring at all when Asterisk says 'Ringing Zap/6'.
> > However, when I do an 'off-hook' on this phone, I get a normal tone signal
> > and I can dial and talk perfectly. DTMF is recognised too. It simply does
> > not ring on incoming calls.
>
> Have you tried the 'boostringer=1' module option?  If you swap phones and
> ports around (i.e. try phone #3 in phone #1's port) does the problem stay
> with the phone or the port?
I was not aware of this option, I'll try it.

The problem stays with the phone, regardless of the port?

Thanks already
alex

> -A.

NEW: aXs GUARD hands-on Trainings v.7.0
more info at http://www.axsguard.com/indextraining.htm

aXs GUARD has completed security and anti-virus checks on this e-mail
(http://www.axsguard.com)