[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P problems

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Sep 1 05:12:36 MST 2005

On Thursday 01 September 2005 06:35, Alex Ongena wrote:
> I encounter 2 major problems:
> 1) Transmitting and receiving van Fax is very unreliable (on the CLI I see
>    a Native bridging (seems to be 911.ulaw, 64 kbit high quality).
> Sometimes the Fax is Ok, sometimes I miss a few lines, sometimes it's
> impossible. The same problem is there when sending or receiving faxes.

This is a well-known issue with the current drivers, although nobody's really
stepped up to identify when exactly this started happenning (as the driver
code was changed) or why.

> 2) I'm trying 3 different Analog phones and having 3 different behaviors:
>     1 phone 'ringes' normally
>     1 phone 'ringes' a bit cripled (instead of ring-ring... ring-ring...,
>       it does  'ring-ri... ri.... ring... ri...)
>     1 phone does not ring at all when Asterisk says 'Ringing Zap/6'.
> However, when I do an 'off-hook' on this phone, I get a normal tone signal
> and I can dial and talk perfectly. DTMF is recognised too. It simply does
> not ring on incoming calls.

Have you tried the 'boostringer=1' module option?  If you swap phones and
ports around (i.e. try phone #3 in phone #1's port) does the problem stay
with the phone or the port?

-A.