[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P problems

Alex Ongena Alex.Ongena at able.be
Thu Sep 1 03:35:32 MST 2005

Hello,

We recently bought 2 TDM400P Rev I boards with in total 8 FXS ports to be
used with Asterisk. I use Asterisk CVS Head (version around 15 aug 2005).
I have an ISDN Quad boards towards the national Telco. The TDM400P has
his own Interrupt line.

I encounter 2 major problems:
1) Transmitting and receiving van Fax is very unreliable (on the CLI I see
   a Native bridging (seems to be 911.ulaw, 64 kbit high quality). Sometimes
   the Fax is Ok, sometimes I miss a few lines, sometimes it's impossible.
   The same problem is there when sending or receiving faxes.

2) I'm trying 3 different Analog phones and having 3 different behaviors:
    1 phone 'ringes' normally
    1 phone 'ringes' a bit cripled (instead of ring-ring... ring-ring...,
      it does  'ring-ri... ri.... ring... ri...)
    1 phone does not ring at all when Asterisk says 'Ringing Zap/6'. However,
      when I do an 'off-hook' on this phone, I get a normal tone signal and
      I can dial and talk perfectly. DTMF is recognised too. It simply does not
     ring on incoming calls.

The 3 phones are compliant to the Belgium Telco regulations and work perfectly
in a Telco POTS line.
Are there differences in 'Ring Voltage' ?

Can I twist some settings to solve these problems ?

Thank you

--
Alex Ongena
Managing Director
Belgium                  mailto:Alex.Ongena at able.be
http://www.axsguard.com     http://www.doITsafe.net

    aXs GUARD - internet communication appliance

NEW: aXs GUARD hands-on Trainings v.7.0
more info at http://www.axsguard.com/indextraining.htm

aXs GUARD has completed security and anti-virus checks on this e-mail
(http://www.axsguard.com)