[Asterisk-Users] echo codec related?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Mon Oct 31 20:24:09 MST 2005

One trusts that the vendor or service provider knows their system
best... however, to answer your question; yes, it's plausible that the
choice of codecs _could_ interfere with proper echo cancellation.
Scenarios that spring to mind include an improperly implemented codec
that is causing the signal levels received at the ITSP to be way too
high thereby offending their echo canceller; perhaps a codec that is so
lossy that it doesn't implement a broad enough spectrum signal for the
echo cancellation algorithm in use and so on. However, all of these are
entirely supposition without knowing intimate details of both your and
the ITSPs systems, which is unlikely to be disclosed.

Out of interest though; what codec were you using successfully and for
how long, and what do they recommend you use now?

Kris Boutilier
Information Services Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District