[Asterisk-Users] Strange problem with dtmf pound and star

Michael Kleinhenz michael at kleinhenz.net
Mon Oct 31 20:14:47 MST 2005

Hi,

I've got a strange problem here: I am using Asterisk 1.0.7 (the Debian
Testing version asterisk-1.0.7.dfsg.1-2). The dtmfmode is set to rfc2833
and I'm making a call to Asterisk via SIP. If I press star in this call,
it is recognized as a pound and the star is not available. The physical
pound key on the keypad has no function.

Anyone heard of this problem? Could it be that european phones are
different? I've tried it with two different phones on the same SIP
router (DeTeWe 31lan SIP).

Thanks,
Michael

--