[Asterisk-Users] DTMF recognition unreliable or absent, ringing lost on 2nd half of "3-way" call.

Dave Grey lydanynom at mac.com
Sun Oct 30 21:27:56 MST 2005

On Oct 30, 2005, at 11:13 PM, Ryan wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 04:03:34PM -0500, Dave Grey exclaimed:
>>
>> The thing about the problems I am experiencing, though, is that they
>> are not in connections from other * servers.  I am getting this on
>> SIP connections from IPKall.  Is it still likely the same problem, or
>> something else?
>>
>> lyd
>>

> I don't use IPKall but it is likely to be the same issue if your using
> SIP to connect to them. I have the same issue with telasip.

Odd, the friend I have mentioned in other posts, who has embarked on
this whole learning asterisk adventure along with me, is also using
telesip and does not have any problems at all in this regard.  He has
done some extensive IVR development, using agi to build some fairly
complex directory and home-automation menus, and has enjoyed rock-
solid dtmf recognition even when calling into his pbx from a
cellphone over the telasip DID.  *shrug*

> If you contact IPKall and have them change you to IAX it may
> resolve the
> issue.... I've never dealt with them so I don't know if its even
> possible on their end.

AFAIK, it is not a possibility with them, but thank you for the
suggestion.

I have a GoIAX DID (which I thought was non-functional until I tested
it a moment ago -- if it stays up, I will switch to using it as my
primary) that seems to work a little better, but it is still not 100%.

lyd