[Asterisk-Users] Re: delays with IAX2 and Meetme

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 10:25:27 MST 2005

In article <E1EV8PR-0005Wb-8P at piglet.barn.za.net>,
Steven Langley <steven at intellinc.co.za> wrote:

> Hi Tony
>
> Thanks for the reply and for posting the code. I added the code and
> recompiled Asterisk, but unfortunately it did not resolve the issue. It
> basically trapped all of the incoming audio and wrote to the error log
> instead of outputting it. So basically it never seemed to go to the
> careful_write statement.

That's strange. The log message tells you the size of the incoming audio
frame. What size frames are you getting?

> To answer your questions: Firstly, I am using kernel 2.6, but am not using
> Ztdummy. I am using a digium card for timing. I have run a test on it, and
> it seems to be working properly.

OK, hardware timing should be fine.

> I am using a client built using IaxClient, and am now looking at the
> possibility that the delay might be a client issue instead of a server
> issue. What is the best tool to use to run tests on my server and clients to
> narrow down the source of the delay?

The first thing would be, can you set the audio frame size in your IAX
client? What codec are you using? If you can, try ulaw or alaw with 20ms
frames.

Not sure about the best tool to track this down....

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield