[Asterisk-Users] SCCP support is making good progress

Paul paul at siliconvp.com
Sun Oct 30 11:01:30 MST 2005

Chris,

I wrote a post that contains the information (files) you need for the
asterisk tftpboot directory to load a 7960 Sip 7.5 image from the server.

See this post
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3374221

As far as obtaining the SIP 7.5 software, I see it on EBay all the time for
$12.00 buy it now.

If you follow my directions about what files to place in the tftpboot
directory, and modify your alternate boot server on the 7960, the phone will
load the sip software.

I personally learned by using SolarWinds TFTP server from my XP station so I
could see the file name requests as they were being transferred.

On a new Cisco phone, you would set the alternate tftp server to yes then
set the ip address of the alternate tftp server to the server with the
images to upload.  If you need to unlock the phone it can be **# or cisco
based on the version loaded.

I also was interested in the SCCP driver. I was able to load the driver in
Asterisk (AND SEE IT) but could not get it to work.  I did ask for a users
guide but there is not one available yet.  So I think SIP will be the
easiest for you to use for you client proposal.

When time permits, I'll go back and look over the sccp driver and find my
mistakes.

:)
Paul Norris