[Asterisk-Users] SCCP support is making good progress

Stefan Gofferje stefan at gofferje.homelinux.org
Sun Oct 30 10:20:19 MST 2005

Chris Bagnall schrieb:
>>whoever owns a Cisco phone and is unhappy about slow
>>firmware, incomplete XML support etc... should really have a
>>look at Sergio Chersovani's rewrite of chan-sccp!
>

> Is there a good resource out there for people who don't have a lot of
> experience with Cisco phones? I picked up a 7960 earlier this week to give
> potential clients an example of what they get when they spend a *lot* of
> money on IP phones, but I must confess I'm having a nightmare of a time
> trying to configure it.
>
> The main problem seem to be that I have nothing but a phone and a brief
> licence agreement/regulatory approval sheet, and nothing else. I've trawled
> through the numerous pages about these phones both on Cisco's website and on
> voip-info, but I'm still not really sure what files I need to have on the
> TFTP server to get the phone going in the first place, or find some
> up-to-date examples to work from. Even after that I'm not sure I'll be able
> to upgrade the firmware without a Cisco service agreement (from what I've
> read), which is ridiculous for a phone that's twice as expensive as many
> other enterprise IP phones.
>
> Any suggested reading others on the list have found helpful in this
> scenario?

The list archives of chan-sccp-users provides a lot of information.
www.voip-info.org also has. There are a number of ressources at
cisco.com and if all this does not help, the people at chan-sccp-users
or forum.chan-sccp.org use to friendly answer questions.
There are also a number of people working at various howtos at the moment.

Regards,
Stefan

--
  (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP
  //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263