[Asterisk-Users] Webui to show registered phones

Adam Moffett adam at plexicomm.net
Fri Oct 28 06:39:59 MST 2005

> Hi all, does anyone know if there is any app/webui that can show
> phones that are currently registered to *.  I guess this sort of
> funcionality counld be grabbed from the CLI with iax2 show peers and
> sip show peers, but having little programming knowledge wouldn't know
> where to start.
>
> I'm asking because we currently have several sip phones onsite and
> lots of remote iax2 users who would like to see availability without
> dialing.
>
> Bails

Below is a simple perl script that might do the trick.  save it to
[something].cgi and most any distribution's apache web server should be
able to run it.

If the web server isn't running on the same machine as asterisk then
it's a little more difficult.  An option might be to configure ssh to
allow authentication based on known RSA keys (so there's no password
prompt).  That is actually pretty easy to do, and you can google for
instructions on that.  Then the script can use ssh to talk to a shell on
the asterisk server which will in turn execute asterisk -rx and give you
the output.

By the way, I haven't actually tested this except on the command line
and my html is lousy.  So while I'm sure the script will run, I pretty
much guarantee the resulting web page to look like crap.

#!/usr/bin/perl
#

##get lists of registered peers from asterisk
$iaxpeers = `/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx \"iax2 show peers\"`;
$sippeers = `/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx \"sip show peers\"`;

##replace newline characters with html break<br>
$iaxpeers =~ s/\n/<br>/g;
$sippeers =~ s/\n/<br>/g;

##output the webpage
print <<EOF;