[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream GXP-2000

stoffell stoffell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 00:55:47 MST 2005

On 10/27/05, Erick Baum <erick at teal.net> wrote:

> We're having a rather serious echo problem using the Grandstream
> GXP-2000's with Asterisk 1.0.9. I'm wondering if there is something I'm
> overlooking that might be an easy fix. The echo seems to be worst on
> internal SIP to SIP calls but you do get it every once in a while on
> outgoing calls through the PRI. It's not the speakerphone echo problem,
> we're running the 1.0.1.12 <http://1.0.1.12/> firmware that pretty much
> fixes that. It seems like most of the echo cancellation functions are for

 Erick, we're also using 1.0.1.12 <http://1.0.1.12>, having some echo
problems, mostly with in/out going ZAP calls (on quadBRI, w/asterisk 1.0.9),
the internal SIP calls seem to work fine. (but you have to make sure your
volume isn't too high) Also the GXP-2000 has the annoying feature that calls
get disturbed when you touch the wire (going from handset to phone).
 We are having some echo issues but that is due to echo cancellation (we
think) on zap calls, I'm now starting a test (by using it for a while) with
a cisco 7912 to see if it makes any difference.
 Please keep me posted, I'll inform you of my experiences..
 Cheers.