[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream GXP-2000

Chris Bagnall m0n0wall at minotaur.cc
Fri Oct 28 01:40:14 MST 2005

> Erick, we're also using 1.0.1.12, having some echo problems,
> mostly with in/out going ZAP calls (on quadBRI, w/asterisk
> 1.0.9), the internal SIP calls seem to work fine. (but you
> have to make sure your volume isn't too high) Also the
> GXP-2000 has the annoying feature that calls get disturbed
> when you touch the wire (going from handset to phone).

We currently have 3 sites with about 15 GXP-2000s at 2, and 3 at the third.
The 2 larger sites are running 1.0.1.9, the third site is running 1.0.1.12.
On straight SIP-SIP calls or outbound calls via an IAX->PSTN gateway, there
is no discernable echo at all. Ever.

One of the larger sites is connected with 2 BRIs for incoming calls via
zaphfc. Generally, there is echo for the first 2 or 3 seconds of a call,
then it dies out completely. There are exceptions - I've had reports of echo
lasting for the duration of a phone call, but this has usually been down to
a callcentre at the other end of the line (probably using an autodialler)
where the first few seconds of an inbound call is silence. I guess this must
be upsetting the echo training in Zaptel.

The other larger site is connected using a TDM400 with 3 POTS lines. There
is nearly always echo on incoming calls on these lines for about 30 seconds,
after which they appear to be fine.

In conclusion - I'm not sure if the GXP2000s are the problem in your
scenario.

Regards,

Chris