[Asterisk-Users] Re: Siemens HI-path to ASTERISK

huelbe_garcia at fastimap.com huelbe_garcia at fastimap.com
Tue Oct 25 07:31:41 MST 2005

Hi Pablo!

I understood your problem. It is related to Siemens PBX.

With this topology, Asterisk is acting as a PSTN Central Office (a Public
Central). What you asking is something like this:

Asterisk acting as Central Office -> HiPath -> Public Central Office

That is: the SIP devices connected to the Asterisk are not HI-Path's
extensions! They seem "external" terminal/lines.

So...

You will have to enable, at HiPath, something called "Transit" or "External
traffic". In other words, it is a feature that you enable on HiPath allowing
traffic between two trunks (the trunk connected to Asterisk and the trunk
connected to the PSTN Central Office).

Here we had to create a "trunk access code". So, if a Asterisk user wants to
call the outside number 5555-1234, he/she will dial:
9 + 5555-1234
Asterisk with then route this call to HiPath prefixing the trunk access
code, for example, "88". So, asterisk will dial:
88 + 5555-1234

Hope this helps,

--hg
> I understood your problem. It is related to Siemens PBX.
>
> With this topology, Asterisk is acting as a PSTN Central Office (a Public
> Central). What you asking is something like this:
>
> Asterisk acting as Central Office -> HiPath -> Public Central Office
>
> That is: the SIP devices connected to the Asterisk are not HI-Path's
> extensions! They seem "external" terminal/lines.
>
> So...
>
> You will have to enable, at HiPath, something called "Transit" or
> "External traffic". In other words, it is a feature that you enable on
> HiPath allowing traffic between two trunks (the trunk connected to
> Asterisk and the trunk connected to the PSTN Central Office).
>
> Here we had to create a "trunk access code". So, if a Asterisk user wants
> to call the outside number 5555-1234, he/she will dial:
> 9 + 5555-1234
> Asterisk with then route this call to HiPath prefixing the trunk access
> code, for example, "88". So, asterisk will dial:
> 88 + 5555-1234
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Huelbe.

>>> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3