[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail prompts not heard on Cisco Phone

Nathan Reeves nathan.a.reeves at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 07:18:16 MST 2005

Got a test setup with CCM 4.1 and Asterisk running kind of successfully.
Been trying out using * fro the VM system. I can make calls from the CCM
side across to * and answer them using a copy of Xten Lite. If I allow a
call to head to voicemail, I can't hear any prompts from the system. If I
watch a debug and wait for the recording to start I can leave a message
successfully, and if I head to the INBOX directory of the * extension, I can
listen to the message wav file. I'm calling across to * from CCM using a
7940 registered with the CCM Server.
 Anyone got any suggestions on what might be going wrong here. If I listen
to the voicemail prompts using the Xten lite softphone, I can hear
everything fine. I've thought that I might possibly need to convert the
voice prompts from gsm to u-law, but a convert using sox of vm-intro.gsm to
a .au file didn't make any difference.
 I know someone out there must be running things successfully. Did you see
any issue like this, or have to do anything particular to get things to be
heard on a 7940/ 7960 phone?
 Thanks for any suggestions.
 Nathan