[Asterisk-Users] merchant account

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:04:36 MST 2005

On 10/22/05, Crystal Stream, Incorporated <crystalstreaminc at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> You could have your customers call in and enter all of
> that -- then give them a confirmation number and they
> could fill out the rest online.

Couple of notes on this topic.

First off, trixter's experience with the name being required is a special
case. US processing networks don't even ask for the name, cant' do anything
with it (I have most of the specs right here in front of me). If there is a
name check it's done before being sent to the processing network. Internet
payment gateways usually require a name, but it can be anything, no checking
is done unless it's an extra feature you pay for, in which case don't use
it:)

Secondly, IMO the only real practical use for pay by phone is with an
existing customer. If it's a new customer you usually want their name,
address, email, etc.. But an existing customer could input their account
number via DTMF which can then be used to pull up their information that is
already in your system, and let you assign the new transaction to that
customer record.
Works well for paying bills or adding credit to prepaid accounts.

Chris