[Asterisk-Users] asterisk -RT

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Mon Oct 24 01:32:31 MST 2005

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 12:04:40PM +0800, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
>

>>I use the command       asterisk -RT   to connect to a running asterisk box.
>>
>>There must be some changes to the latest CVS upgrade:
>>
>>1. it does not remember anything anymore what I have done in the
>>previous connection.
>>

>Why do you use 'asterisk -R' and not 'asterisk -r'?

I found that in man asterisk:
       -r     Instead of running a new Asterisk process, attempt to
connect to a running Asterisk process and provide a console  interface
              for controlling it.

       -R     Much  like  -r.   Instead  of running a new Asterisk
process, attempt to connect to a running Asterisk process and provide a
              console interface for controlling it. Additionally, if
connection to the Asterisk process is lost, attempt to reconnect  for
              as long as 30 seconds.

       -T     Add timestamp to all non-command related output going to
the console when running with verbose and/or logging  to  the  conâ
             sole.

bye

Ronald Wiplinger

--
Ronald Wiplinger  (CEO of ELMIT)
http://www.elmit.com  http://voip.elmit.com  http://e-paper.elmit.com

PS: Spam prevention!
Our system is protected with a spam prevention program.
If you send us an e-mail, our system will send you a confirmation message back. Just reply to this confirmation message please.
After receiving this confirmation message, our system will send the hold message (one) and all future messages (after the received confirmation message) to me without asking you again.