[Asterisk-Users] asterisk -RT

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Oct 23 22:54:20 MST 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 12:04:40PM +0800, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I use the command       asterisk -RT   to connect to a running asterisk box.
>
> There must be some changes to the latest CVS upgrade:
>
> 1. it does not remember anything anymore what I have done in the
> previous connection.

Why do you use 'asterisk -R' and not 'asterisk -r'?

When you exit a CLI shell with ctrl-C it does not save the history. Is
this a bug?

Try quiting with 'quit', though I'm not sure if it has a different
effect on asterisk -R .

> I could reconnect to the asterisk box and with
> arrow up I could see all my last commands, now no more.
>
> 2. I still cannot see any colors, ....
>

> The original asterisk starts via
> 31240 ?        S      0:00 /bin/sh /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk
> 31245 ?        Sl     0:00 asterisk -vvvgpT -c

Asterisk only checks for a color terminal at startup. Asterisk does not
color messages in the remote CLI, but rather, when issuing the messages.