[Asterisk-Users] Call Admission Control in Asterisk

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Sun Oct 23 03:27:34 MST 2005

Hi Trixter,

Yes i did try to make setgroup for the outbound but the problem is after you move
it to the desired context or extension in the gotoif statement the group that you
have set it in is back to zero so I really can't use it for the outbound, the group
used for the outbound will not give the correct count of users dialling out.

As u said I am using CVS-Head and used the group_count() with gotoif statements so
I am clear of the checkgroup() bug.

Thx
MAG

trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 11:42 +0200, Mohamed A. Gombolaty wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I was trying to limit the number of calls between different located sites in
> > order to avoid congestion of the bandwidth, but as I found from the mails and
> > testing that it is easy to do it for the incoming calls by the setgroup() and
> > group_count while it is the outgoing is hard to track or limit, So I was
> > wondering if we will see a Call Admission Control soon in Asterisk that can do
> > this job or not?
>
> setgroup() should work for outbound.  Did you try it and have problems?
> In asterisk 1.0.x there is a bug about transfered calls, is that where
> you were running into problems?  I find this unlikely since you
> referenced group_count, which is a 1.2 function (replacing the
> deprecated checkgroup()).
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+SetGroup
> --
> Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com     Bret McDanel
> UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
> US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
> FreeWorldDialup: 635378

Thx
MAG