[Asterisk-Users] Call Admission Control in Asterisk

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Oct 23 02:54:00 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 11:42 +0200, Mohamed A. Gombolaty wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I was trying to limit the number of calls between different located sites in
> order to avoid congestion of the bandwidth, but as I found from the mails and
> testing that it is easy to do it for the incoming calls by the setgroup() and
> group_count while it is the outgoing is hard to track or limit, So I was
> wondering if we will see a Call Admission Control soon in Asterisk that can do
> this job or not?

setgroup() should work for outbound.  Did you try it and have problems?
In asterisk 1.0.x there is a bug about transfered calls, is that where
you were running into problems?  I find this unlikely since you
referenced group_count, which is a 1.2 function (replacing the
deprecated checkgroup()).

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+SetGroup
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378