[Asterisk-Users] One SIP dead, all SIP dead -- sipmedia gone?

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Sat Oct 22 09:26:05 MST 2005

Thanks for the wealth of information.  I knew they were off-air
DNS-wise, and this happened before a couple of times.  It's just bad
juju to have all your IPs in one block.

I don't think they were reselling, and I actually thought I had a pretty
good report with them -- just have been unable to get anyone on the
phone today.  Other than that, had several DIDs with them at $5/month,
and really haven't seen major issues other than DTMF not working -- but
then, they are SIP-only.  But between pricing and availability, they've
been the best provider out of all I tried (Vonage, Broadvoice,
voicepulse, iax.cc, ... )

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/story/357856p-304797c.html

:-)

I do notice that there seems to be no web site for www.xchangetele.com,
which suggests that possibly they tanked.  If your sipmedia.com was
reselling their services, then it is reasonable to think that they went
along for that ride.

... JG
--
Joe Greco - sol.net Network Services - Milwaukee, WI -
http://www.sol.net "We call it the 'one bite at the apple' rule. Give me
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: