[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail as an email attachement

Goran Skular goran.skular at slsolucije.hr
Thu Oct 20 01:06:15 MST 2005

>On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 08:58:01AM +0200, Goran Skular wrote:
>
>> I was playing with mta, but this is so complicated, specially if you are
>on
>> dynamic ip address, so it is much easier to use smtp for sending mails..
>
>Sending is never a problem. Recieving is a problem when you're on a
>dynamic address.
>
>You can tell your MTA to do just that. e.g, on postfix, in
>/etc/postfix/main.cf:
>
># assuming a well-behaved setup
>relayhost = the.isp.domain
># and if not:
>relayhost = [smtp.the.isp.domain]
>
>BTW: one option you have with a decent mailer is not to write the email
>address in voicemail.conf, but rather, to write there for each box the
>email "<vmbox>-vmbox", and use the MTA's aliases to map them to emails.
>Either using a plain text /etc/aliases, or using any other database
>(ldap, mysql, whatever).

If relaying is enabled and accepted on remote side... and nowdays is hard to
enable relaying with those spammers around..

I tried something with this relaying, but without success, so I changed
app_voicemail in order to send mail with SMTP and sendEmail script.

Can you tell me how to accept relaying on server, but to limit it to
allowable IP address (which is in this case dynamic ip..).

That will help me a lot :)