[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail as an email attachement

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Thu Oct 20 02:28:23 MST 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 10:06:15AM +0200, Goran Skular wrote:
> >On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 08:58:01AM +0200, Goran Skular wrote:
> >
> >> I was playing with mta, but this is so complicated, specially if you are
> >on
> >> dynamic ip address, so it is much easier to use smtp for sending mails..
> >
> >Sending is never a problem. Recieving is a problem when you're on a
> >dynamic address.
> >
> >You can tell your MTA to do just that. e.g, on postfix, in
> >/etc/postfix/main.cf:
> >
> ># assuming a well-behaved setup
> >relayhost = the.isp.domain
> ># and if not:
> >relayhost = [smtp.the.isp.domain]
> >

> If relaying is enabled and accepted on remote side... and nowdays is hard to
> enable relaying with those spammers around..

If relaying is not allowed then sendEmail won't work as well. Both
senmail (or any other MTA) and sendEmail send their mail by MTA.

Your ISP should relay your SMTP traffic.

> I tried something with this relaying, but without success, so I changed
> app_voicemail in order to send mail with SMTP and sendEmail script.
>
> Can you tell me how to accept relaying on server, but to limit it to
> allowable IP address (which is in this case dynamic ip..).

This is pretty standard configuration of sendmail/postfix/whatever.
Please contact me in private mail (or better: read their docs)