[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail as an email attachement

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Thu Oct 20 00:41:21 MST 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 08:58:01AM +0200, Goran Skular wrote:

> I was playing with mta, but this is so complicated, specially if you are on
> dynamic ip address, so it is much easier to use smtp for sending mails..

Sending is never a problem. Recieving is a problem when you're on a
dynamic address.

You can tell your MTA to do just that. e.g, on postfix, in
/etc/postfix/main.cf:

# assuming a well-behaved setup
relayhost = the.isp.domain
# and if not:
relayhost = [smtp.the.isp.domain]

BTW: one option you have with a decent mailer is not to write the email
address in voicemail.conf, but rather, to write there for each box the
email "<vmbox>-vmbox", and use the MTA's aliases to map them to emails.
Either using a plain text /etc/aliases, or using any other database
(ldap, mysql, whatever).