[Asterisk-Users] possible bug, what do you think?

Andy Goss agoss at networkadvocates.com
Wed Oct 19 11:40:57 MST 2005

We recently changed file formats on our server to wav49 from gsm.
Several users had saved messages in gsm format.  When a user attempts to
forward an old message to a user and they prepend the message with a
recording, the process seems to be flawed.  From what I can tell, the
prepend message is recorded to a temporary file, in my case
msgxxxx-prepend.WAV then after the prepend is finished recording,
asterisk attempts to merge the two audio files into one.  Since it
cannot find a msgxxxx.WAV file (the file is msgxxxx.gsm) it throws an
error.  The end result is that the user gets a new message envelope in
their INBOX (msgxxxx.txt) but there is no associated .WAV file to go
along with it.  The desired behavior here is to a) notify the user who
is attempting to forward this message that the process failed so that
the asterisk admin (me) can fix the issue or b) convert the file to the
proper format and then merge the two together.  What do you all think?

Thanks,
Andy

--
H. Andy Goss