[Asterisk-Users] possible bug, what do you think?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Oct 19 11:48:30 MST 2005

Andy Goss wrote:

> error.  The end result is that the user gets a new message envelope in
> their INBOX (msgxxxx.txt) but there is no associated .WAV file to go
> along with it.  The desired behavior here is to a) notify the user who
> is attempting to forward this message that the process failed so that
> the asterisk admin (me) can fix the issue or b) convert the file to the
> proper format and then merge the two together.  What do you all think?

Yes, that is a bug, but there is no simple way to handle it.
app_voicemail would have to work quite a bit differently to make this
work seamlessly.

Basically, what you need to do when you change the formats in your
voicemail.conf file is manually go through the spool area and ensure
that every message is present in all the selected formats, just as if
those formats had been selected initially. Otherwise you can get very
bizarre behavior, depending on the codec in use when a user deals with
the mailbox.