[Asterisk-Users] initiate call recording from phone.

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Oct 19 11:26:11 MST 2005

Well... I don't know anything about A at h.  I know even more nothing about
dialparties.agi... but I can summarize
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Dial for you:

Let's say you want to call out on a PSTN line.  A command such as the
following will be in your outgoing context:
exten => x,1,Dial(Zap/2/18005551212,,W)
before the first comma means dial 18005551212 out the second Zap line,
the fact that there's nothing between the 2nd and 3rd comma means wait
forever for an answer, and the W means let the _calling_ user (you)
start a recording (in my case, with *#)

Let's say you want to be able to record incoming calls from PSTN.  A
command such as the following would be in your incoming context:
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/110,20,w)
The SIP/110 is where to ring when an incoming call comes in, the 20
means wait 20 seconds before proceeding (to voicemail, or whatever you
want) and the small w means let the _called_ user (you, again) start a
recording however configured.

So....... if you don't have direct control over your extensions.conf (as
I said, I don't know A at h) I don't know if you can get your hands dirty
with things like this.  Probably there's a check-box in A at h somewhere
that allows this.

good luck!