[Asterisk-Users] Call queuing question

Lenz lenz-ml at loway.it
Wed Oct 19 04:50:33 MST 2005

Hello,
if you use a mechanism like agents, * will know that there is nobody at
the first level of penalty and route the call to the other level. A
different approach could be to have a queue ring A for say 20 second,
timeout, route the call to a second queue where B and C are. This should
fix yoiur problem.
Bye
l.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:49:16 +0200, Peter Spikings
<peter.spikings at power.net.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could I have clarification on the logic in app_queue which treats no
> answer as needing a retry? What I want to do is have all calls firstly
> always go to phone A, then if there is no answer make it call B or C in
> a round robin fashion. The obvious thing to do is put a penalty on B & C
> but then if phone A doesn't pick up it just keeps retrying which isn't
> what I want as the person with phone A on their desk may be absent for a
> couple of minutes. Could I ask why no answer is treated as needing a
> retry rather than moving up to the next penalty group?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter Spikings.
>
> This message has been comprehensively scanned for viruses,
> please visit http://virus.e2e-filter.com/ for details.

Loway Research - Home of QueueMetrics
http://queuemetrics.loway.it