[Asterisk-Users] Terrible echo with Te110P and Adit 600

Darren Wright dwright at d2-tech.com
Tue Oct 18 19:42:18 MST 2005

8 POTS lines - Adit 600 - TE110P - Dell Precision 530 Dual Xeon running
1.0.9 and 1.2 (tried both)

The echo is insurmountable.  I have tried everything, and the pots lines
are clean.  If I go from an FXO on the Adit 600 straight to an FXS, I
get no echo from an analog phone.

I put an 128ms T1 echo canceller in between the adit and the TE110P, and
the echo was still horrible.

I finally disabled the Zapata echo canceller....and WHAMMO!  It's
perfect now.

The TE110P is on it's own IRQ...... and the machine has PLENTY of
horsepower.

Any ideas so I don't have to spend $1000 on an echo canceller?

-Darren