[Asterisk-Users] One phone ringing, one phone flashing ?

Marc Storck mstorck at voipgate.com
Tue Oct 18 16:26:18 MST 2005

this may work on Grandstream phones... set the ring tone to number 3
which is empty, so no tone and set the ring tone number 1 or 2 to ring
on CallerID matching (e.g. everything starting with 678 will use ring
tone 2) ... I never tested it, but the configuration shows the fields,
so it may work.....

Regards,

Marc

Stefan-Michael. Guenther (in-put GbR) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well, some clients have strange ideas and wishes (at least to my mind).
>
> Yesterday I gave a presentation about asterisk to a CEO.
> At the end he asked me whether asterisk is able to do the following:
>
> When a call for the CEO comes in, the calling number should be shown on the
> display of his phone and the phone of his secretary. The secretary's phones
> should ring, but at his phone only a light should flash.
>
> ;-)) No, turning off the sound isn't the solution.
> This restriction should e.g. only apply, when it is an external call, internal
> calls should result in ringing both phones.
>
> I'm not quite sure, whether this could be a feature of asterisk or the phone
> or both together.
>
> Does anything of you successfully set up something like this or could
> recommend a phone that would help/support it?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance,
>
> Stefan

voipGATE.com
Support Team