[Asterisk-Users] One phone ringing, one phone flashing ?

Jason Pyeron jpyeron at pdinc.us
Tue Oct 18 15:07:23 MST 2005

Working on it right now, its called shared line appearance, and it is a
feature of both.

If anyone has patches, ideas and comments, here is your chance to get some
work and not get billed for it.

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Stefan-Michael. Guenther (in-put GbR) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> well, some clients have strange ideas and wishes (at least to my mind).
>
> Yesterday I gave a presentation about asterisk to a CEO.
> At the end he asked me whether asterisk is able to do the following:
>
> When a call for the CEO comes in, the calling number should be shown on the
> display of his phone and the phone of his secretary. The secretary's phones
> should ring, but at his phone only a light should flash.
>
> ;-)) No, turning off the sound isn't the solution.
> This restriction should e.g. only apply, when it is an external call, internal
> calls should result in ringing both phones.
>
> I'm not quite sure, whether this could be a feature of asterisk or the phone
> or both together.
>
> Does anything of you successfully set up something like this or could
> recommend a phone that would help/support it?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance,
>
> Stefan

- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Partner & Sr. Manager             7 West 24th Street #100     -
- +1 (443) 921-0381                 Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you
have received it in error, purge the message from your system and
notify the sender immediately.  Any other use of the email by you
is prohibited.