[Asterisk-Users] Re: Fax2Mail

Justin Newman jnewman at newmantelecom.com
Tue Oct 18 12:24:27 MST 2005

I don't know of a comprehensive guide, but you can set it up using
NVFaxDetect, NVFaxEmail, and SpanDSP or Hylafax. NVFaxEmail can pull the
e-mail addresses from it's own config, voicemail.conf, a database, or thru
realtime.

Simple extensions.conf:

[incoming-dids]
exten => _541359XXXX,1,NVFaxDetect(...)  ; Make sure this is a fax
exten => fax,1,NVFaxEmail(...,${CALLERID},pu,...)  ; Receive and e-mail PDF
with user lookup

-J

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 07:39:10 -0700 (PDT)
> From: David <dst_u at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Fax2Mail
>
> Hello,
>
> Is there or can anyone provide a comprehensive guide (designed for
Linux/Asterisk novices) to installing/setting up Asterisk in order to
support Fax2Mail service?

> In my case, I would like Asterisk to receive fax calls to predefined
numbers (ranges) and to associate each of these numbers to email addresses.