[Asterisk-Users] USB phone for Linux?

Widyachacra Rajapaksha gentoo.slash.linux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 11:43:49 MST 2005

Dear friends,

im very new to asterisk, even diz z my 1st mail to the list. am working a
small company & it has to main CDMA telepone connections. now they wants to
deploy a pbx & get out 20 nods(telephone lines) so is it possible using
Asterisk? & our both CDMA phones are HUAWEI ETS2000 Series models, those
came with USB serial converter data cable(diz can connect to de pc+work with
linux ti_usb_3410_5052 kernel module).

so please guide me to do diz happen...

you can find de our HUAWEI CDMA phone details
http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/products/view.do?id=152

On 10/13/05, Paul <digium-list at 9ux.com> wrote:

> Tony Mountifield wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Can anyone recommend a USB phone that can be used under Linux, either
> >interfacing directly with Asterisk in some way, or using a soft phone
> >program on Linux that doesn't need screen interaction (only using the
> >phone's keypad)?
> >
> >The idea is to be able to plug it into the USB port of an Asterisk
> >box in a rack, where screen, kbd and mouse may not be available.
> >
> >Thanks in advance!
> >Tony
> >

> Find me a USB phone with sufficient hardware docs available and I will
> see what I can do. I could use the same type of thing. I have remote
> customer servers and would love to have them setup so my contractor tech
> can just plug in and become extension xxxx on my pbx here.
>
> What I would do is base the softphone on something like iaxclient. I
> would have it launched when the usb hotplug was seen.
>
> I suppose this could be initially done with 2 devices. One would be a
> good usb headset and the other would be a keypad with lcd display.

---

the buddhas' way is path to freedom.

Gentoo/Linux
{