[Asterisk-Users] USB phone for Linux?

Michael Van Donselaar michael-list at vandonselaar.org
Thu Oct 13 15:15:47 MST 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:41:17 -0400, Paul <digium-list at 9ux.com> wrote:

>Tony Mountifield wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Can anyone recommend a USB phone that can be used under Linux, either
>>interfacing directly with Asterisk in some way, or using a soft phone
>>program on Linux that doesn't need screen interaction (only using the
>>phone's keypad)?
>>
>>The idea is to be able to plug it into the USB port of an Asterisk
>>box in a rack, where screen, kbd and mouse may not be available.
>>
>>Thanks in advance!
>>Tony
>>

>Find me a USB phone with sufficient hardware docs available and I will
>see what I can do. I could use the same type of thing. I have remote
>customer servers and would love to have them setup so my contractor tech
>can just plug in and become extension xxxx on my pbx here.

Tigerjet makes a USB handset that is based on the same chipset as the S100U.

In fact, it looks like there's enough info in the wcfxsusb.[ch] files in zaptel
to get the keypad running.

I like the AU100 USB phone a lot better, but it looks like it will be windows
only.  (ironically the AU100 was a lot easier to get working with iaxComm than
the Tigerjet phone)