[Asterisk-Users] PRI stopped accepting calls

Gary Reuter gary.reuter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:13:36 MST 2005

Hi,
I have an asterisk box with a TE410P (quad pri) which has 3 spans in use, 1
and 3 to two different telcos, span 2 to a legacy Norstar MICS.
Everything has been working fine for months, but early this morning, the 1st
span stopped accepting incoming calls, but outgoing calls on this span still
worked.
Nothing in the logs indicates a change overnight, span reset, or anything
else obvious, excep what I've noted below:

- every hour, the b-channels were restarted without any indication of a
problem
- chan_sip stopped logging the 'retransmission' messages just before 6:13
b-channel restart
- first failed incoming call at 7:40:50, 7:41:01 has log entry "span 1 got
hangup request"
- 8:13 b-channel restart logged extra " Got restart ack on channel 0/20 span
1 with owner"
- 8:43 first successful outbound call on span1 -- no evidence or reports of
any problems with outbound calls on span1
- 8:55 I started diagnosing problem
- 9:03 successful inbound call on span 3 (different telco, different
switch-type)

Until 9:05 when I forced a restart, no inbound calls succeeded on span 1 --
all of them logged a 'hangup request' 11 seconds after the initial call
setup.

After searching the list archives, the only mistake in my config I've found
is having both span 1 and 3 set as primary timing source (instead of having
one of the set as secondary). /proc/zaptel/? shows that span3 is the timing
source (since the restart, don't know about before).
Could this be the source of the problem? Why wasn't I affected before?

BTW, I've been restarting asterisk every 3 or 4 days as a preventative
measure -- the current uptime for the process was less than 36 hours.

Thanks for any light that can be shed....

-Gary