[Asterisk-Users] sip channels marked with SIP_NEEDDESTROY but not being removed

Matt Hess mhess at livewirenet.com
Thu Oct 13 09:18:23 MST 2005

I have been seeing the subject behavior on head for a few days now..
(been trying nightly builds to see if a bug causing this has been fixed)

on a sip show channels I get a little of active channels that I can
correlate calls to.. but I also have some dead channels listed that
should no longer be there but still are anyway..

in the sip show channels list these channels are marked with a (d).. in
looking at chan_sip.c the channel should be marked as SIP_NEEDDESTROY
and should be removed in looking at the source..

The history for such a channel looks like:

tranquility*CLI> sip show history -363845771@
tranquility*CLI>
   * SIP Call
1. Rx              INVITE / 1 INVITE
2. CancelDestroy
3. TxResp          SIP/2.0 / 1 INVITE
4. TxResp          SIP/2.0 / 1 INVITE
5. TxRespRel       SIP/2.0 / 1 INVITE
6. Rx              ACK / 1 ACK
7. TxReqRel        INVITE / 102 INVITE
8. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 102 INVITE
9. CancelDestroy
10. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 102 INVITE
11. CancelDestroy
12. Unhold          SIP/2.0
13. TxReq           ACK / 102 ACK
14. TxReqRel        INVITE / 103 INVITE
15. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 103 INVITE
16. CancelDestroy
17. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 103 INVITE
18. CancelDestroy
19. Unhold          SIP/2.0
20. TxReq           ACK / 103 ACK
21. TxReqRel        INVITE / 104 INVITE
22. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 104 INVITE
23. CancelDestroy
24. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 104 INVITE
25. CancelDestroy
26. Unhold          SIP/2.0
27. TxReq           ACK / 104 ACK
28. TxReqRel        INVITE / 105 INVITE
29. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 105 INVITE
30. CancelDestroy
31. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 105 INVITE
32. CancelDestroy
33. Unhold          SIP/2.0
34. TxReq           ACK / 105 ACK
35. TxReqRel        INVITE / 106 INVITE
36. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 106 INVITE
37. CancelDestroy
38. Rx              BYE / 201 BYE
39. TxResp          SIP/2.0 / 201 BYE

To me it looks like the channel should indeed be removed as it is indeed
  dead.. but it remains in the sip show channels listing..

Is this a bug? Has this been run into before by others? Does anyone have
a remedy for this? Is there perhaps a function that needs to audit
periodically the sip channels list to expunge dead channels that should
have been removed long ago but have not?