[Asterisk-Users] Polycom: Button Remapping, HELP!

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Oct 12 09:15:26 MST 2005

Matthew, when I tried this, I couldn't get the soundpoints to dial
in-call.  They thought there were picking up a new line for a new call.

I created a speed-dial entry (in MACADDRESS-directory.xml,
<keys key.IP_500.31.function.prim="SpeedDial"
key.IP_500.31.subPoint.prim="3"/>

This tells the phone to run Speed Dial 3 whenever the Services button
(button #31 on a 500/501) is pressed.  I hope someone can help us
configure them now to dial these digits in-call...

Mojo

Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> I need to find a way to have the Polycom phones automatically park
> calls.  Right now my users hit #70# (I know the last # is optional but
> it speeds it up.) to park a call.  Personally I think this is easy, but
> my users would like one button to do this for them.  The Polycom has
> buttons we don't need (Transfer & Services), it would be nice if I could
> remap one of those buttons to dial #70#.  Or if I could add a soft
> button during a call that would work too.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Matthew O'Connor

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC