[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.8 and TDM stop acking inbound calls?

Cirelle Enterprises gcirino at cirelle.com
Tue Oct 4 05:52:44 MST 2005

Patrick Friedel wrote:
> Rich Adamson wrote:
>
>>> My office has been running Asterisk 1.0.8 and a TDM04B for a few
>>> months now without too much trouble.  After a while we discovered
>>> that after a certain period (about a month), asterisk stopped
>>> acknowledging inbound calls.  Since I was out of the office the first
>>> time it happened, another admin rebooted the whole box which solved
>>> the problem.  The second time it happened I discovered that just
>>> restarting gracefully solved the problem, so I put that into my cron
>>> and forgot about it.  (I know, it's not "right", but debugging
>>> something that happens unpredictably once a month could go on for way
>>> too long to be acceptable..)
>>>

>> Check the revision of the TDM card. If rev E/F, call digium support to
>> get it replaced. Known problem with early versions of the card.
>>

>  The rev is labelled on the itty bitty xilinx chip and not under the
> modules, right?  Dang, rev F.  Okiedoke, off to digium I go.  Thanks!

we also experienced this with asterisk 1.0.9 and rev H of the tdm with 4
fxo modules

we were restarting asterisk every night via cron and this still happened

in our case, 3 out of 4 fxo modules (2,3,4) crapped out and stopped
ack'ing incoming
calls (outgoing calls were fine)

it took a reboot of the server to get the card operational again and
answering calls

Your problem might be with the rev of the card, but I believe it is in
the zaptel software
for the newer versions of asterisk.

in the past, It was the zaptel software that would not restart the tdm
card (400b) on a soft
reboot, on some cards (rev H).  Needed to hard boot to get things
working, until the code
was changed in wctdm.c specific for rev H.

I have swapped out the tdm and modules with albeit same rev parts, but
newer units to see
if the issue is the same.

I still think it is in the software as we did not have this issue with
earlier versions (1.02) of  *

Please post your resolution if any.

Best Regards

Greg Cirino