[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on windows

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Sun Oct 2 03:29:40 MST 2005

Steve wrote:
> Cisco seem to be moving their CCM users to Linux. At least I have
heard
> of a few users going that way, after Cisco recommended it.
There have been unofficial statements that CCM would move to a
Unix-like OS, but that would be in the next major release, still
some time off.  Over the last few years Cisco has taken to
making major announcements at the Cisco IPTel User Group meeting.
This years is in Las Vegas during the first week of December, so
this rumor may soon gain official validation.  I know I would not
mind hearing it....

> CCM doesn't usually handle anything near to hard real-time, so it is a

> lot less demanding than something like Asterisk.
I started to respond to this having first read real-time as realtime,
it took a moment to adjust my thinking.  Unless a business chooses
to implement the limited IVR solution on one of their CCM servers,
CCM does not handle media streams.  So the software does not need
to deal with high priority real-time traffic

> Regards,
> Steve

Dan