[Asterisk-Users] Required hardware

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Sun Oct 2 04:13:39 MST 2005

On 30 Sep 2005, at 18:14, Anders Svensson wrote:

> Hi all!
>

> We have to setup 2 *servers. Now I am interested in possible capacity.
>

> Server 1. Should be used for getting traffic from our Telco using
> IAX and send it out using SIP. No transcoding, ulaw both ways. What
> is possible capacity on 1 server using required hardware?

Signate showed some benchmarks indicating that asterisk on a 'stock'
PC would handle 122
sip pass-through sessions.

> Server 2 will pick uo traffic from 1 Tollfree number sent to us by
> IAX with ulaw codec. Must be transcoded to G729 and sent out as
> SIP. What is possible capacity on 1 server using required hardware?

Tricky, at a rough guess, you'd be down to 50 or 60 simultaneous
sessions on decent single processor
box.

Take a look at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk
+dimensioning for some more datapoints.